Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Artist Spotlight: Theophilus London

Trying to describe this Brooklyn emcee/producer's sound is no easy task. Instead of using genres, I'll use an equation: [(Prince meets Michael Jackson)(The Smiths)] x (Hip Hop X Elecro). I'm sure I'm still leaving something out but that will have to do. He first released JAM! in 2008 with some taking notice but it wasn't until 2009's This Charming Mixtape, that Theophilus really started buzzing in the blogosphere. He followed up This Charming Mixtape with 2010's I Want You (citing his Marvin Gaye influence) to equal acclaim as his 2nd release. You may have heard London on tracks with other up-and-coming artists, Mickey Factz, Jesse Boykins III, MeLo-X, and others. We will continue to follow Theophilus London's career and development and after hearing his music, I'm sure you will as well.










Theophilus London - I Want You
Download: Mediafire

Theophilus London - This Charming Mixtape
Download: Mediafire

Theophilus London - JAM!
Download: Mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment