Sunday, May 22, 2011

Championship Vinyl: Week of 5/15/11 - 5/21/11

Ever since I got this new job I've been buying a ton of cd's via Amazon or Zia Records (or from artist's sites). I get paid every week and after I get my check I head to Zia and throughout the week I just order them off Amazon. I thought I'd start sharing my purchases with this segment. As most of you know, the title is a reference to the High Fidelity film. I thought it was appropriate because I want this segment to embody the same pretentiousness that the record store embodied in High Fidelity. I'll try to post 1 music video from each album I post along with a link to Amazon (or the artists' site) to purchase the album.

The Foreign Exchange - Connected (Re-Issue)
Genre: Hip Hop/R&B/Soul
Release Date: 4/24/07 (Re-issue release date 5/17/11)
For Fans Of: Little Brother, Slum Village, Dwele

I'm From Barcelona - Forever Today
Genre: Indie Pop
Release Date: 4/19/11
For Fans Of: Phoenix and The Boy Least Likely To

Phantogram - Eyelid Movies
Genre: Trip-Hop/Psych-Pop
Release Date: 2/9/10
For Fans Of: The xx and Portishead
Purchase

Best Coast - Crazy For You
Genre: Lo-Fi/Indie Pop
Release Date: 6/27/10
For Fans Of: Vivian Girls, Beach House, and Tennis

The Pigeon Detectives - Emergency
Genre: Indie Rock/Britpop
Release Date: 5/27/08
For Fans Of: The Wombats, The Cribs, and Babyshambles

Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
Genre: Indie Pop/Indie Folk
Release Date: 11/16/96
For Fans Of: Acid House Kings, Camera Obscura, Jens Lekman

Swimming With Dolphins - Water Colours
Genre: Synthpop
Release Date: 5/17/11
For Fans Of: Owl City and Sky Sailing
Don't expect every segment to have music like this. I was just on an indie pop kick this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment