Sunday, January 23, 2011

Artist Spotlight: Phil Adé

DMV artist Phil Adé managed to slip under the radar for my 2011 All-Freshmen Team but I have a feeling that will come back to bite me in the ass. Since the new year started, all I keep hearing is great music from Phil. My introduction to 368 Music Group artist was on Rockie Fresh's Living track featuring Naledge and Phil Adé. Receiving the co-sign from RnB star, Raheem Devaughn, among many other established and respectable artists, Phil will easily become one of your most played in iTunes. By now, I'm sure you've seen the many #PhilAdeFriday series tracks posted here at TOTR but I did some digging around and found his previous 2 albums and luckily, they're free. Although at times Phil Adé can resemble a younger Kanye, Kid CuDi, or even a more talented Wale, he also manages to demonstrate a certain lyrical dexterity and embodies an updated, nostalgic hip hop vibe bringing him an original and fresh style. Check out some of his earlier albums and keep an eye out for him 2011.


The Letterman
Download: Mediafire

Starting On JV
Download: Mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment