Sunday, March 27, 2011

Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) - Freaks And Geeks (FreEP)


While I'm a huge fan of Community and Donald Glover's character, Troy Barnes (or Barnes comma Troy), I was caught completely off guard when I heard he rapped (under the moniker Childish Gambino). Although skeptical at first, after listening to this EP multiple times today (I only found out today) I can say, I'm a fan. Already drawing comparisons to Drake mainly because the whole actor-turned-rapper was easy for people to make the connection, I say, forget the comparisons. Childish Gambino carves out his own niche is this great 5 track EP. I feel what really separates Glover from Drake is the personal level at which he delivers his music. Check out Freaks And Geeks and don't forget, watch Community Thursday nights on NBC. Side note: He will also start his IAMDONALD tour in April. For a list of dates/locations, go to http://www.iamdonald.com/dates.


Lights Turned On


Not Going Back


Download: Mediafire
Tracklist:
01. Be Alone
02. Freaks And Geeks
03. My Shine
04. Lights Turned On
05. Not Going Back

No comments:

Post a Comment